Monday, July 15, 2013

Foundations

How hard is it, really, to make a blog?

It's not, nowadays. It doesn't even have to be pretty. You can pretty much throw one up an afternoon (or, in my case, an evening after a beer and promising a man who looks like he could frontline any rock band from the last twenty years that you will). That's not the hardest part, at all. The true difficulty is in the first post.

Like the first note of a song, it can dictate the tone of the tune, along with the melody, beat, pitch, and tone. You don't have to be a friggin' poet, but it kind of helps to have some sense of writing about your brain. Somewhere, deep in that gray matter, that three pound lump of flesh that makes you who you are, you know how to write. Maybe you're not as good as other people, but, by God, you make the damn attempt anyway.

And why do you do it? Maybe you have a sense of adventure that practically gets on it's dirt-ridden knees and begs you to take the chance. Maybe you want your opinions and ideas to be heard by all the world.

Or, if you're like me, a man who very well may offer you a job when you graduate college says, "Do it, you whimp", and you get on it. 

I'm not a real doctor (yet). I'm an on-air personality and news director at a college radio station in Boone. The man in question is one Arroe Collins, a man with 40,000+ followers on his own blogs. When this experienced and worldly man tells an upstart like me that I better make a blog, since "I'm a broadcaster", I listen to his advice. Only time will tell if it was worth the time it took to type this up.

What will follow will be (semi)daily updates on my random thoughts and curiousities, as well as experiences I may have. From my opinion on video games, movies, or beer, to updates on travels, trials, and trivialities. 

And why, you may ask, should I read any of that?

Because, deep down, you want to know. You want to agree or disagree with me. You want to concur or debate, question or cooperate. It's human nature. 

So feel free to keep reading. And, since Arroe Collins said so, you can be damn sure the good Doctor will keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment